Decide which persons you want on the web site.
Use the filtering features of your genealogy program to select only deceased persons. Remove all persons born from 1900 to the present.
Make a GEDCOM of that filtered genealogy database.
1. If you can not make the filtered file, then use "RES Privata" on the GEDCOM genealogy database to remove all living persons for privacy reasons. Obtain the free Res Privata at: http://genealogysoftwareguide.com/res-privata/
Download the GED2HTML utility at http://www.starkeffect.com/ged2html/ and use it and the GEDCOM to create a new HTML file. GED2HTML also has filtering capabilities.
Upload one of the new converted databases onto a Web site.
2. Use the PAF 4.x or PAF 5.x genealogy programs to make Web pages. They are free to download by going to http://www.familysearch.org/ and clicking on "Order/Download" and then "Software Downloads Free". Copy the PAF 4.x "User's Guide" from the Software Downloads Free". The PAF 5.x "User's Guide" is in the PAF 5.x download. Download these free at the Salt Lake Web site.
Enter or transfer your database on to the program and use the Web site making features to make the Web page.
3. Make your Web site using Notepad or Wordpad.
4. Use a free HTML editor from here http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-html-editor.htm
5. Use the PC Word 97 or MAC word processors.
See my "Creating an HTML Document" paper.
Finally for 2. or 5. - Add your personalized items to the HTML file such as the Meta items title, description, keywords, and the content that the visitor will see.
Place the new HTML files in your computer web site directory.
FTP (upload) the files or directory to your Internet Service Provider's (ISP) server using an FTP program such as WP_FTP PRO 12.6 that can be downloaded free at http://ws-ftp-professional.soft32.com/free-download?gclid=CJ3wr7C1rrICFWXhQgod3x8AJw
Email your comments about this Web site to HERE.
This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated.
Copyright © 2001-2013 by Jon Schweitzer. All rights reserved.
This site and any internal links are copyrighted.